CALL FOR PAPERS
SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THE MEETING: March 9, 2018
The 2018 Africa Meeting of the Econometric Society (AFES 2018), hosted by the African School of Economics (ASE) will be held at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Cotonou, Benin from 12th to 14th July 2018.
Prior to the Meeting, the 2018 Summer Institute of the Econometric Society (SIES) will take place at Chant d'Oiseau in Cotonou from July 5 to July 11, 2018 and will gather students and junior faculty from universities around the African continent as well as overseas. The Summer Institute will cover topics including Advances in Development Economics, Theory of Organizations, and Structural Econometrics. We invite interested scholars to send their application to AFES2018@GMAIL.COM and specify whether they need funding.
The deadline for submissions is March 9, 2018. Papers can only be submitted electronically through Conference Maker website on https://editorialexpress.com/conference/AFES2018. At least one of the authors must be a member of the Econometric Society, and all participants must register for the conference. You may join the Society at http://www.econometricsociety.org/. Each person may submit and present only one paper; however, each person is allowed to be a co-author of several papers submitted to the conference
US$140 for early registration, before May 18, 2018
US$170 for registration, after May 18, 2018
Financial support will be available to young researchers from Africa who wish to present papers during the conference. The allocation of the grants will be on a competitive basis and applications will be evaluated by a review committee. The grants will cover travel and accommodation expenses. Applications for grants should be sent to ES.ASE@
Travelers with an African country-issued passport do not need an entry visa for visits up to 90-day. Other travelers may need one. More information regarding visa applications can be found here.
The program chairs are Leonard Wantchekon (Princeton University) and Prosper Dovonon (Concordia University). The local organizing committee chair is Alice Bonou (African School of Economics).
- Bhorat, Harmon (University of Cape Town)
- Blimpo, Moussa (World Bank)
- Bonou, Alice (African School of Economics)
- Doko, Firmin (University of Adelaide, Australia)
- El Gamal, Mahmoud (Rice University)
- Habiarimana, James (Georgetown University)
- Heffernan, Ian (African School of Economics)
- Jouini, Elyes (Universite de Paris Dauphine)
- Kotchoni, Rachidi (Universite de Paris Nanterre)
- Morjaria, Ameet (Northwestern University)
- Mourifie, Ismael (University of Toronto)
- Murinde, Victor (SOAS University of London, UK)
- Nada, Eissa (Georgetown University)
- Nguimkeu, Pierre (Georgia State University)
- Okonkwo, Una (Purdue University)
- Okoye, Dozie (Dalhousie University)
- Peter Quartey (University of Ghana)
- Soumare, Issouf (Université Laval)
- Suri, Tavneet (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)